Welcome to Elmer W. Oliver Nature Park
Want to see some of the cool organisms out at Oliver Nature Park?
Check out the iNaturalist project we’ve started! When you’re out at the park, don’t forget to bring a camera and add to this project!
Here are some of the upcoming nature programs:
Registration required for all programs. Click here for more information and to register.
One Day Programs
- Tuesday, May 9th, 10 – 11 am –Pond Ecology
- Tuesday, May 23rd, 10 – 11 am – Fish
- Saturday, May 13th, 10am – 11:30am
- Friday, May 26th, 10am – 11:30am
- Saturday, June 3rd, 9am – 10:30am
- Saturday, June 10th, 9am – 10:30am
- Saturday, July 15th, 9am – 10:30am
- Friday, July 28th, 6pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday, August 5th, 7pm – 8:30pm
- Saturday, August 19th, 9am – 10:30am
- Saturday, May 20th, 10am – 12pm – Wildflowers (12Y+) $32 /$37
- Tuesday, June 6th, 9am ‐ 10:30am – Cardinal (5Y+) $27/$32
- Wednesday, July 12th, 11am ‐ 12:30pm – Anole (5Y+) $27/$32
- Saturday, July 29th, 9am ‐ 10:30am – Ladybug (5Y+) $27 /$32
- Friday, August 4th, 9am ‐ 10:30am – Bumblebee (5Y+) $27/$32
- Saturday, August 26th, 9am ‐ 10:30am – Armadillo (5Y+) $27/$32
Wednesday mornings at 10:30-11:15 am
- 05/03 – Spring Has Sprung
- 05/24 – Butterflies
9:30am to 10:15am on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- 06/14 & 06/15 ‐ Powerful Pollinators
- 06/28 & 06/29 ‐ Dancing Dragonflies
- 07/12 & 07/13 ‐ Determined Decomposers
- 07/26 & 07/27 ‐ Colors of Nature
- 08/09 & 08/10 ‐ Incredible Insects
- 08/23 & 08/24 – Rockin’ Fossils
- Adventure Camp - Come to Adventure Camp and try out your outdoor skills with us and learn about fishing, wildlife ID, hiking, and more!
- Composting 101 - Are you interested in home composting, but not sure where to start? Join us for an easy introduction to composting.
- Forest Camp - Students will learn all about the layers of the forest including the plants, animals, and insects that live there. Each day we will study a specific layer of the forest: forest floor, herb layer, shrub layer, understory, and canopy.
- Glow Rock Art - Have you noticed painted rocks throughout Mansfield? Join us at Oliver Nature Park for Glow Rock Art and paint your own rock to hide!
- iNaturalist Camp - Join us for a photo‐filled morning and learn about becoming a citizen scientist. This program is geared towards students 13‐16 years old who want to learn more about iNaturalist and build their knowledge of nature.
- Junior Geologists - Join a naturalist for a geology‐related lesson and a walk to explore the inorganic side of nature.
- Kayaking at Britton Park - We will go out in dual‐seated kayaks on Joe Pool Lake. An instructor will guide the participants on kayaking safety and proper techniques.
- Intro to Fishing - Ready to cast your bait and reel in the big fish this summer? Join us for beginning fishing classes. We supply the equipment and bait! This is for junior anglers ages 3‐16.
- Little Naturalists - Children ages 3‐5 will learn about nature through exploration. We will read, sing, explore nature, and complete crafts.
- Night Hike with a Naturalist - Some wildlife in Mansfield is only active at night. Join a naturalist as we try to identify the sounds and sights of natural night life!
- Painting at the Park - Join us for a nature‐themed painting class at Oliver Nature Park. An artist will guide you step‐by‐step as you create your masterpiece.
- Rain Barrel Making Class - Have you ever wondered what rainwater harvesting is and how to do it? Come out to our Rain Barrel Workshop and learn all about it!
- Summer Scavenger Hunt - Enjoy a naturalist led walk with a purpose of searching, examining, learning, and checking off the unique summer finds on your scavenger hunt list provided.
- Texas Predators - After talking about native predators and their prey, we will take a hike to look for small predators that live at Oliver Nature Park.
- Wild About Nature - Join us as we learn about local wildlife that inhabits Oliver Nature Park. You will get an up‐close look at animal specimens and meet our Wildlife Ambassadors.
- Oliver Nature Park Trivia Guide - Want to learn more about Oliver Nature Park while having fun exploring? Pick up a Trivia Guide at the Mansfield Activities Center and head over to the park for some investigation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.